Dog Adoption Applicatoin
How to Adopt?
Walk Me Home Rescue Group’s objective for the adoption of our dogs is to find the best fit for both the adopter and the dog. Our volunteers and fosters are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the dogs that come to our rescue and it is our responsibility to assure they find the best suitable forever home. Our process begins with the submission of our Questionnaire form, this enables us to determine if the dogs personality and demeanor is a match for your family and lifestyle.
- Compatibility questionnaire. Please click on the link to fill out the form. It will be reviewed by our Volunteer Adoption Team.
- Meet & Greet. We have adoption fairs on the weekends at the PetSmart in Alhambra, California for meet and greets. Please check with us for dates and times since they vary per month. We always can make special accommodations if necessary.
If the application is approved and you decide to move forward with adoption, we continue with the following:
- Safety Home Check. We conduct home checks to make sure the dog will be in a safe environment. If there is a yard we check to make sure it’s secure with no escape routes.
- Adopt or Foster to Adopt. If you know that you are ready to adopt the dog you can immediately move forward with an adoption contract; otherwise, you can do a one week foster to adopt. This is where you take the dog into your home on a 7-day trial basis to see if the dog is a good fit for your family and lifestyle.
- Adoption Contract. An adoption contract is completed and we collect a tax deductible adoption donation.
Do we have adopters located outside of California?
Walk Me Home Rescue Group is located in Southern California. We do have out-of-state adopters, but we require that they come to meet the rescue dog locally; if it’s a good match, the adopter will take their new family member home.
Together we can make a difference and help those without a voice!